🤯Don't skip leg day, son! Do any combination of these 10 muscle moves to become QUADZILLA! The quads are most active on knee extension and hip flexion movements. So any squatting or lunging (and leg/knee raises) will target the quads. But these are my 10 favorite quad-builders that are also easy on the knees and back and great for home gym setups. MOVE 2 is shown first FYI!
1. Quad/Close-Stance Bulgarian Split Squats
2. 1-Arm Ipsilateral X-Band Bulgarian Split Squats
3. Extended Bulgarian Split Squats
4. Bandbell Bulgarian Split Squats
5. Goblet Squats (+ Double X-Band)
6. Band-Resisted Forward Lunges
7. Heels-Elevated Squats
8. Band Sissy Squats
9. Self-Assisted Single-Leg Squats
10. Landmine WISHBONE Hack Squat (Get 10% off with coupon code: TheDailyBJ)
Get my bands here:
📝HONORABLE MENTIONS: I also really like biking/cycling, sled pushes, backward sled walking/dragging, backward uphill walking, and leg extensions for quad development.
🧠The quads have a healthy mix of slow and fast-twitch muscle fibers so be sure to use all loads and all rep ranges for max gainz. That being said, I would set a minimum goal of 30-60 seconds of time-under-tension per set if your goal is strictly muscle gain. I even do sets of 1-2+ minutes at a time for serious pump and burn and metabolic stress. I find these protocols not only lead to more muscle gain and less joint stress, but they also bulletproof the joints and prepare your body for small doses of heavier work. It's all about longevity, baby!
Want to build muscle and follow my exact training plan? Join my GORILLACORN GAINZ training program: